-   -   Staying on gnome-settings-daemon, gnome-control-center 3.4 for quantal? (http://www.linux-archive.org/ubuntu-desktop/689057-staying-gnome-settings-daemon-gnome-control-center-3-4-quantal.html)

Sebastien Bacher 07-30-2012 10:46 PM

Staying on gnome-settings-daemon, gnome-control-center 3.4 for quantal?

Le 30/07/2012 18:37, Jeremy Bicha a écrit :

The gsettings keybinding update was part of 3.4. We are planning to do
the gsettings switch this cycle, right?
We are trying, as described in my email compiz is ready but they are
running in extra issues due unity-2d so they either need to update that
one as well or deprecate it (which is blocked on some unity-3d work to
be finished)

I thought that the ibus stuff was relatively self-contained and that
it wouldn't be too hard to revert the appropriate source folders if we
don't want it for Quantal. Jeremy

It's medium hard, it impacts on gnome-settings-daemon,
gnome-control-center and gnome-shell at least. It's surely doable but we
enter again the "need to do non trivial reverts over several sources",
in fact we tried to revert some of the change in a temporary way in the
Vcs for ibus and that's proving challenging (the current version there
is still buggy).

The new version of gnome-control-center also adds support for active
directory login, but that didn't get tested on Debian,Ubuntu yet and
requires new packages to be worked on (realmd) which is another issue.

We have choice either way but if we want to do the update we need then
people wanting to commit to spend time resolving the blockers listed
there... any taker?

Sebastien Bacher

Didier Roche 07-31-2012 08:10 AM

Staying on gnome-settings-daemon, gnome-control-center 3.4 for quantal?