Old 07-30-2012, 04:37 PM
Jeremy Bicha

Default Staying on gnome-settings-daemon, gnome-control-center 3.4 for quantal?

On 30 July 2012 12:23, Sebastien Bacher <seb128@ubuntu.com> wrote:
> Hey,
>
> We have been looking at updating gnome-control-center and
> gnome-settings-daemon to 3.5 for some time [1] but it seems difficult:
> - if we update we need to go to gsettings for keybindings, compiz is getting
> ready but we have issues with unity2d which would need to be ported and
> since it should be replaced this cycle or not nobody is wanting to put work
> in there

The gsettings keybinding update was part of 3.4. We are planning to do
the gsettings switch this cycle, right?

> - the keyboard indicator port to ibus is work in progress and would require
> rewriting our indicator, nobody seems to have time at the moment for that
> though
> - we are unsure the ibus changes will be ready in time for 3.6 or not create
> regression (we don't have people knowing enough about the topic in the team
> to judge of the impact of the changes)

I thought that the ibus stuff was relatively self-contained and that
it wouldn't be too hard to revert the appropriate source folders if we
don't want it for Quantal.

Jeremy