-   -   Staying on gnome-settings-daemon, gnome-control-center 3.4 for quantal? (http://www.linux-archive.org/ubuntu-desktop/688945-staying-gnome-settings-daemon-gnome-control-center-3-4-quantal.html)

Sebastien Bacher 07-30-2012 04:23 PM

Staying on gnome-settings-daemon, gnome-control-center 3.4 for quantal?

Hey,

We have been looking at updating gnome-control-center and
gnome-settings-daemon to 3.5 for some time [1] but it seems difficult:
- if we update we need to go to gsettings for keybindings, compiz is
getting ready but we have issues with unity2d which would need to be
ported and since it should be replaced this cycle or not nobody is
wanting to put work in there
- the keyboard indicator port to ibus is work in progress and would
require rewriting our indicator, nobody seems to have time at the moment
for that though
- we are unsure the ibus changes will be ready in time for 3.6 or not
create regression (we don't have people knowing enough about the topic
in the team to judge of the impact of the changes)

Since it's seems the update will be time consuming and create some risk
of regression I would suggest we delay it to next cycle and do a proper
job of it then.

What do others think?

Sebastien Bacher

[1]