-   -   Ubuntu-Desktop application (http://www.linux-archive.org/ubuntu-desktop/684875-ubuntu-desktop-application.html)

Brian Curtis 07-18-2012 03:13 PM

Ubuntu-Desktop application

Hi all,

I think it is about time that I apply to join ~ubuntu-desktop.

I have been under the guidance of Ken Vandine and I feel that I'm
bugging him more now to upload than I am asking questions about the
processes. I have blocked him on numerous occasions from other things
and would like to give him his time back.

I would like to use this as a stepping stone to MOTU membership.

I really appreciate endorsements.

Thanks for your time,
~Brian Curtis

--
=================
Ubuntu Member: http://launchpad.net/~bcurtiswx

Micah Gersten 07-18-2012 03:23 PM

On 07/18/2012 10:13 AM, Brian Curtis wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> I think it is about time that I apply to join ~ubuntu-desktop.
>
> I have been under the guidance of Ken Vandine and I feel that I'm
> bugging him more now to upload than I am asking questions about the
> processes. I have blocked him on numerous occasions from other things
> and would like to give him his time back.
>
> I would like to use this as a stepping stone to MOTU membership.
>
> I really appreciate endorsements.
>
> Thanks for your time,
> ~Brian Curtis

FWIW, ubuntu-desktop and MOTU are mutually exclusive package sets
(although ubuntu-desktop now comes with the desktop-extra membership
which has packages in universe as well).

Thanks,
Micah

Sebastien Bacher 07-19-2012 01:39 PM

Le 18/07/2012 17:13, Brian Curtis a écrit :

Hi all,

I think it is about time that I apply to join ~ubuntu-desktop.

Hey Brian,

Thanks for the desktop work you are doing! Do you have a list of the
packages you worked on so far? I know you are interested in empathy and
helped Ken on it, what else did you work on? You mentioned wanted to
apply for MOTU as well, what sort of work would you be interested to do
in both sets?

Getting ubuntu-desktop membership gives direct commit and upload access
to most of what constitute the Ubuntu Desktop so we tend to be cautious.
To me it seems you are doing a good job so far but you only worked on a
limited set of component and I would prefer if you could get a bit more
experience, especially dealing with things like libraries (soname
changes, .symbols handling), conffiles, new source or binaries, etc
before applying for desktop. It shouldn't be hard to find sponsors for
your desktop work either.

Does that make sense to you?

Let me know if you feel like you already have the skills needed and that
I'm overlooking work you did (which is possible, I don't manage to
follow everything going on around ;-)

Cheers,
Sebastien Bacher

Thu Jul 19 16:30:01 2012
h=message-id:date:from:user-agent:mime-version:to:subject:references
:in-reply-to:content-type:content-transfer-encoding;
bh=pjFfa3jKn99qlIVWAytRJ+f8sn6ZzM9ykKHdDXn1Hg0=;
b=ov6B7EBcSfYsHLyvp5vIRaAXaPKT4Y3KOicO0wGqdEGB1Nea d+9W1p+mPtS105YxQE
bT4ZcpCkCIhwkkVjMubNXhIfWbha0l3idfKBJ9SobNiKZYhQCb IVtUSHCoA2iLEwu3Qw
Jx4D6VlvskFD15HtxVQvugC6OKm7vjiqfupr6tcz/F81gQ8BcB/RmSKUk7IV+8R3HwT8
ylVKdDCPA6iGk51E7Rppb9WWHVsWebwICSCA9t8V7PsNNAwls3 bAPnfHlRZLQKqGVhg7
+PNCLtCvAeLppCsT7jC+3GY9ytIFeVGMupgvjXP1UD1Ek8/Zaa0nTAHE5WmSP85YUe4K
1Nrg=Received: by 10.180.109.166 with SMTP id ht6mr4941982wib.11.1342705306268;
Thu, 19 Jul 2012 06:41:46 -0700 (PDT)
Date: Thu, 19 Jul 2012 13:41:06 +0000
From: =?UTF-8?B?IkrDs2hhbm4gQi4gR3XDsG11bmRzc29uIg==? <johannbg@gmail.com>
To: devel@lists.fedoraproject.org
Subject: Re: Ubuntu Unity has been ported to Fedora 17
Sender: devel-bounces@lists.fedoraproject.org

T24gMDcvMTkvMjAxMiAxMToyMyBBTSwgQ29uYW4gS3VkbyAo44 OL44O844Or44O744K044Oz44OR
KSB3cm90ZToKPiBXaGF0IGtpbmQgb2Ygd29yayB3b3VsZCBiZS BuZWVkZWQgdG8gZ2V0IHRoZXNl
IHBlb3BsZSB0byBiZSBhYmxlIHRvIAo+IGJyaW5nIHRoZWlyIH dvcmsgaW50byB0aGUgRmVkb3Jh
IHJlcG9zaXRvcnkgc28gdGhhdCBldmVyeW9uZSBjYW4gCj4gZW FzaWx5IGNob29zZSB0byB1c2Ug
aXQgd2l0aG91dCBicmVha2luZyBzdHVmZj8KCiBGcm9tIHRoZS Bsb29rcyBvZiBpdCBJJ20gcHJl
dHR5IHN1cmUgdGhleSB3aWxsIG5lZWQgdG8gcGF0Y2ggdW5pdH kgbm90IAp0byBicmVhayBjb3Jl
IEdub21lIGNvbXBvbmVudHMgYmVmb3JlIHRoYXQgY2FuIGJlIG RvbmUgYnV0IEkgZ3Vlc3MgdGhl
IApHbm9tZSBkZXZlbG9wZXJzIGhlcmUgd2l0aGluIHRoZSBkaX N0cmlidXRpb24gY2FuIGFuc3dl
ciB0aGF0IG9uZS4KCkpCRwotLSAKZGV2ZWwgbWFpbGluZyBsaX N0CmRldmVsQGxpc3RzLmZlZG9y
YXByb2plY3Qub3JnCmh0dHBzOi8vYWRtaW4uZmVkb3JhcHJvam VjdC5vcmcvbWFpbG1hbi9saXN0
aW5mby9kZXZlbA=

Brian Curtis 07-19-2012 01:48 PM

Ubuntu-Desktop application

Thanks Seb,