-   -   Please test new X server in precise-proposed (http://www.linux-archive.org/ubuntu-desktop/658016-please-test-new-x-server-precise-proposed.html)

Chase Douglas 04-20-2012 02:08 PM

Please test new X server in precise-proposed

Hi all,

Yesterday I uploaded a new X server to precise-proposed as a 0-day SRU.
It contains fixes for:

https://launchpad.net/bugs/974887: Various touchscreen issues
https://launchpad.net/bugs/930936: Xorg crashes after connect bluetooth
keyboard

The release team has accepted it into precise-proposed, and said it is a
likely respin candidate. They have asked for extra testing. If you are
able, please enable the precise-proposed repository and upgrade to the
xserver 1.11.4-0ubuntu10.1 to test.

Thanks!

-- Chase

Robert Hooker 04-20-2012 05:26 PM

Please test new X server in precise-proposed

I'm not able to reproduce either of the issues, but I haven't seen any
regressions from the past day using it on 4 machines at least.

Bryce Harrington 04-20-2012 07:40 PM

On Fri, Apr 20, 2012 at 07:08:07AM -0700, Chase Douglas wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> Yesterday I uploaded a new X server to precise-proposed as a 0-day SRU.
> It contains fixes for:
>
> https://launchpad.net/bugs/974887: Various touchscreen issues
> https://launchpad.net/bugs/930936: Xorg crashes after connect bluetooth
> keyboard
>
> The release team has accepted it into precise-proposed, and said it is a
> likely respin candidate. They have asked for extra testing. If you are
> able, please enable the precise-proposed repository and upgrade to the
> xserver 1.11.4-0ubuntu10.1 to test.

I've installed it on a dell 10v mini netbook and spent about 10 minutes
poking the touchpad. No crashes or other noticeable changes in
behavior.

It still has that annoying problem where the pointer won't move if a
second finger is touching the pad, but it's been like that for a few
weeks so not something caused by -proposed.

Bryce