Old 03-30-2012, 07:29 AM
"Rico Tzschichholz"

Default Upload rights for desktop-extra-set

Old 04-03-2012, 12:09 PM
Sebastien Bacher

Le 30/03/2012 09:29, Rico Tzschichholz a écrit :

Hello,

I am Rico Tzschichholz and have done some work regarding the GNOME3
packaging. I am working on publishing a gnome-shell package-set since
its early states in my Testing PPA and since Natty in the Gnome3-Team
PPA and Debian.

It would be great to have upload rights for desktop-extra-set which will
give me the opportunity to update and fix things directly in Ubuntu.

Hey Rico,

You have been doing great work in your ppas and the GNOME3 one so far,
as well as in updating clutter and other components in Debian and
Ubuntu, I think directing some of your work to the archive and giving
you access to the desktop extra set makes sense ;-)

--
Sebastien Bacher

Old 04-03-2012, 12:13 PM
Martin Pitt

Hello Rico,

Rico Tzschichholz [2012-03-30 9:29 +0200]:
> I am Rico Tzschichholz and have done some work regarding the GNOME3
> packaging. I am working on publishing a gnome-shell package-set since
> its early states in my Testing PPA and since Natty in the Gnome3-Team
> PPA and Debian.
>
> It would be great to have upload rights for desktop-extra-set which will
> give me the opportunity to update and fix things directly in Ubuntu.

+1 from me. Thank you for all your work!

Martin
--
Martin Pitt | http://www.piware.de

Old 04-03-2012, 12:28 PM
Chris Coulson

Rico Tzschichholz [2012-03-30 9:29 +0200]:

I am Rico Tzschichholz and have done some work regarding the GNOME3
packaging. I am working on publishing a gnome-shell package-set since
its early states in my Testing PPA and since Natty in the Gnome3-Team
PPA and Debian.

It would be great to have upload rights for desktop-extra-set which will
give me the opportunity to update and fix things directly in Ubuntu.

+1 from me. Thank you for all your work!

Martin

+1 from me too!

Chris

Old 04-03-2012, 01:24 PM
Iain Lane

Hi there,

[ DMB hat on ]

On Fri, Mar 30, 2012 at 09:29:50AM +0200, Rico Tzschichholz wrote:
> Hello,
>
> I am Rico Tzschichholz and have done some work regarding the GNOME3
> packaging. I am working on publishing a gnome-shell package-set since
> its early states in my Testing PPA and since Natty in the Gnome3-Team
> PPA and Debian.
>
> It would be great to have upload rights for desktop-extra-set which will
> give me the opportunity to update and fix things directly in Ubuntu.

Unfortunately it looks like there might have been some confusion. We
didn't grant the desktop team the ability to administer (add new members
to) the desktop-extra packageset themselves. It looks from the voting
here that you guys think like this is the case; I'm sorry for any
mix up. What we did grant was that desktop-extra upload access comes as
a consequence of ubuntu-desktop upload access.

I see some options

- Rico applies for full ubuntu-desktop membership, which as a
consequence grants desktop-extra upload access.
- Rico applies to the DMB for desktop-extra upload access.
- Any member of ubuntu-desktop asks the DMB to consider allowing
ubuntu-desktop to administer the desktop-extra uploading team (not
the set of packages covered, just the membership of the team).

Cheers,

--
Iain Lane [ iain@orangesquash.org.uk ]
Debian Developer [ laney@debian.org ]