Old 04-06-2008, 03:16 AM
Scott Ritchie

Default Gnometris is still embarrassingly broken

Since Gutsy there's been a longstanding bug against Gnometris:
https://bugs.launchpad.net/bugs/138586

Simply put, the game as we ship it is unplayably slow. Our high
performance operating system can't run Tetris.

There is a workaround that can work though: change the default theme.
Gnometris will be uglier than Gutsy, but at least it will work.

Thanks,
Scott Ritchie

Old 04-07-2008, 02:18 PM
"Odysseus Flappington"

I'm not 100% sure how gnome-games is put together on a default installation cd of ubuntu, but I think if the gnome-games package maintainer changes the default theme to the working one in the package then it'll be fixed on all new Ubuntu installs.

You can use packages.ubuntu.com to find the gnome-games package. You'll be able to find the maintainer's email from there, ping him and see what he thinks.

Regards,
Alex (Jackflap)

Old 04-10-2008, 09:37 AM
Sebastien Bacher

Le samedi 05 avril 2008 à 20:16 -0700, Scott Ritchie a écrit :

> There is a workaround that can work though: change the default theme.
> Gnometris will be uglier than Gutsy, but at least it will work.

The version uploaded to hardy this week use the theme change workaround

Sebastien Bacher