Old 03-17-2012, 05:48 AM
Pedro Bessa

Default lots of things

Hello Ubuntu Desktop Mailing List,

I'm an early adopter. Ubuntu Software Store gets updates oftenly, but
it's not shiny new features, it's just bug fixes, so I wait and wait and
wait, but Ubuntu Software Store doesn't change.

Ubuntu must:

1. update fast
Are you using the C++ that Linus Torvalds flamed?

2. update like web apps
Web apps update so amazingly... Chrome is a desktop app that went the
web app way... Firefox followed Chrome, because Chrome was right... Can
Ubuntu go that way too?

3. if an update is impopular, do not keep me stuck with a bad feature
for 6 months

Ubuntu kept me stuck with the global menu for 1 year.
An update from the Update Manager should have removed the global menu.

4, update to give early adopters shiny new features from the Update manager
Currently, I have to complain verbally, not clickably.
Google ships a feature to a user sample, then if the feature is popular
with the user sample, they ship the feature to all other users or if the
feature is impopular with the user sample, Google removes the feature
from the user sample.
early Ubuntu adopter group opt-in, what's new, rate, review and Ubuntu
Brainstorm link
I heard giving instant feedback to programmers is a major Stack Overflow
feature somewhere there. Programmers would be able to ship a feature to
everyone in only two days.

Best regards,
Pedro Bessa

Old 03-17-2012, 05:57 AM
Pedro Bessa

ppl,

nevermind!
the previous post was too anxious!
relax!

Best regards,
Pedro Bessa

Old 03-17-2012, 06:00 AM
David James

[...]

1. What does programming language have to do with how fast you can
update your application?

2. Web apps also die fast as well, firefox followed chrome because
chrome was gaining more popularity faster, not because chrome was
'right'. (See:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GT5fUcMUfYg
)

3. The global menu is not going anywhere?

4. Heard of alphas and betas + virtualbox?

- David

Old 04-12-2012, 04:55 AM
Jo-Erlend Schinstad