Old 02-28-2012, 07:51 PM
Sebastien Bacher

Default Testing nautilus with zeitgeist integration

Hi,

If anybody watches the ubuntu-desktop ppa and wonders we got an update
with this patch in:

https://code.launchpad.net/~rainct/nautilus/nautilus-zg/+merge/91505

The code is supposed to push infos about new directories, copies, to the
backend used by unity-places-files, we will probably upload that change
to precise later this week so if you find any issue please open a bug on
nautilus in launchpad and specify you are using the ppa version

(The ppa infos are on https://launchpad.net/~ubuntu-desktop/+archive/ppa
for those who didn't use it before)

--
Sebastien Bacher

Old 03-07-2012, 07:23 PM
Thomas Prost

Am Dienstag, den 28.02.2012, 21:51 +0100 schrieb Sebastien Bacher:
> Hi,
>
> If anybody watches the ubuntu-desktop ppa and wonders we got an update
> with this patch in:
> https://code.launchpad.net/~rainct/nautilus/nautilus-zg/+merge/91505
>
> The code is supposed to push infos about new directories, copies, to the
> backend used by unity-places-files, we will probably upload that change
> to precise later this week so if you find any issue please open a bug on
> nautilus in launchpad and specify you are using the ppa version
>
> (The ppa infos are on https://launchpad.net/~ubuntu-desktop/+archive/ppa
> for those who didn't use it before)

Am I pitting against the spirit of the time ? Where is the
Zeitgeist ? ;-)

I think, I'm using PLACES (even if it's called ORTE here) umpteen times
a day, but I've never made the acquaintanceship of this fabled
application :-(
I have an uneasy sense of this spirit being in our machines, as there is
a demon that is striking terror into people's hearts at a place of
collection, called the datahub, where some small sqlite data is kept
imprisoned and 80 MB of main memory are eaten up with relish - but: this
Zeitgeist hasn't yet made an appearance on any desktop here up to

As I would like to make use of it, are there add-ons to elicit it or is
it so well hidden in the standard desktop, that no one was able to find
it yet ?
--
Peace,
Thomas