Old 02-13-2012, 01:24 AM
Ji Cheng

Default Fwd:Ubuntu, please don't waste time on upgrading your flashy & silly themes, desktop-effects!

Before,I have start a discussion,complain about kubuntu's performance*
and ubuntu's useless upgrade. That post is *long-winded. So I start*
a new thread.*
Ubuntu,Please listen to us. The voice from users!*

In my mind,The upgrade of ubuntu becomes useless.I haven't find significant upgrade. Updgrading, means:*

1. Remove Banshee,use Rhythm as default music player.Remove*OpenOffice,use LibreOffice.Remove one soft,use another substitute*soft...and so on.*

2. Place window's close button at left-side of titlebar (or next*version*change it to right,or next version change close button's*icon.).....Just for confusing users.*

3. New flashy themes.*
4. Drop GNOME,use Unity..Use Unity in PC desktop environment is*stupid!

5. ...............
I think many ubuntu users may agree with me.*

Appeal*:*

Many softwares had bad user experience ,full of bugs,lacking of many*

useful features!*

Ubuntu,please don't waste time on upgrading your *flashy & silly*
themes,desktop-effects!*

Ubuntu,you should focus your attention on desktop software's user*
experience.*

*Main Point*:*

While *user think one software is hard to use(or find bugs),generally*he will*give up,instead of submit issues to the developers.

Now,I choose Xubuntu, *never Unity.

Old 02-13-2012, 10:02 AM
John Rowland Lenton

On Mon, 13 Feb 2012 10:24:49 +0800, Ji Cheng <lifemonad@gmail.com> wrote:

> *Ubuntu,Please listen to us. The voice from users! *

my apologies, I seem to have missed the vote that made you my
spokesperson. Where and when was it?