Old 02-11-2012, 02:38 PM
Michael Terry

Default Unity Greeter's Keyboard Indicator

Hello! Some of you may remember that a while ago, the greeter briefly
had a keyboard indicator. There were several bugs with the
implementation however, and we pulled it back out again.

I've uploaded a set of packages to the Ubuntu Desktop PPA [1] that
together should fix the problems. I'd appreciate any testing you can
do, so that I can push these to the archive before FF.

The four packages you'll want to make sure you get are lightdm,
unity-greeter, accountsservice, and gnome-settings-daemon.

Testing sequence:
1) Upgrade from the PPA
2) Log out and back in (this lets the new gnome-settings-daemon tell
accountsservice about your layouts)
3) Log out and back in again (now the indicator should be populated and
you can play with it)

Things to look for:
A) Is the system default layout respected?
B) If your user has a configured layout, is your preferred layout used
by default instead of the system one?
C) If your user has multiple configured layouts, do they appear in the
indicator as alternate options?

Thanks!

-mt

Old 02-12-2012, 10:06 AM