Old 02-01-2012, 07:44 PM
Petko

Default Remove unnecessary objects from the indicators (mainly messages indicator)

Right now there are way too many things on the messages indicator , and
I'm only using mail :

Messages:
>status changes
>..
>..
>..
>..
>Chat
>Evolution
>Broadcast
>mail
>mail
>mail
>Ubuntu One
>Clear

I wanted to start a discussion before filing it as a bug or idea .
Anyone with me ?

Old 02-05-2012, 10:08 AM
Jo-Erlend Schinstad

On 01. feb. 2012 21:44, Petko wrote:
Right now there are way too many things on the messages indicator ,
and I'm only using mail :

Messages:
>status changes
>..
>..
>..
>..
>Chat
>Evolution
>Broadcast
>mail
>mail
>mail
>Ubuntu One
>Clear

I wanted to start a discussion before filing it as a bug or idea .
Anyone with me ?

I can understand your point of view. But I think it's important to show
people that the message menu is not simply an email notifier. Do you
have any suggestions on how we can reduce the clutter in the menus, and
still show users the things it supports?

Jo-Erlend Schinstad

Old 02-05-2012, 01:05 PM
Petko

Right now there are way too many things on the messages indicator ,
and I'm only using mail :

Messages:
>status changes
>..
>..
>..
>..
>Chat
>Evolution
>Broadcast
>mail
>mail
>mail
>Ubuntu One
>Clear

I wanted to start a discussion before filing it as a bug or idea .
Anyone with me ?

I can understand your point of view. But I think it's important to
show people that the message menu is not simply an email notifier. Do
you have any suggestions on how we can reduce the clutter in the
menus, and still show users the things it supports?

Jo-Erlend Schinstad

Well I say leave one entery per inactive service , so that they are
visible/configurable , but still don't interfere . For example when only
mail's active:

Messages:
>Chat
>Broadcast
>Mail
>Compose email
>Contacts
>Inbox(n)
>Clear

When mail's inactive (I'm not really sure how that will be indicated but
still - here's the idea) - have it be minimalistic (to have only one
entery ">Mail" ) . When chat is configured - have it's features appear ,
and so on ..

And for Ubuntu One - I'm pretty sure its place isn't in the Messages menu .

Petko

Old 02-05-2012, 01:56 PM
Jo-Erlend Schinstad