Old 01-29-2012, 11:08 PM
Pedro Bessa

Default auto enter

summary
not every keyboard has Super - gotcha
merge ctrl, super, alt into ctrl
make cryptic shortcuts expressive - seeing Save for S is expressive
make shortcuts discoverable in the Unity GUI - people will definitely
hit or hold ctrl, will they hold Super?

you hold Ctrl
when you hold Ctrl, we put you in keyboard shortcut mode with auto enter
mode on
dash opens, you hit S, see what you're typing, see Save selected,
discover ShotWell, release Ctrl

when you release Ctrl, the command that you typed automatically runs
so Ctrl+S does what Ctrl+S has ever done

you hit Ctrl
when you hit Ctrl, we put you in keyboard shortcut mode with auto enter
mode off
dash opens, you hit S, see what you're typing, see Save selected,
discover ShotWell, hit enter

when you hit enter, the command that you typed automatically runs
so Super is moved to Ctrl

What do you say now?

Old 01-30-2012, 07:33 AM
Tobia Tesan

Has *anybody* manufactured a Super-less (read: Windows-less) keyboard
during the last 20 years?

--
Tobia Tesan
<tobia.tesan@gmail.com>

Old 01-30-2012, 09:21 AM
Chow Loong Jin

On 30/01/2012 16:33, Tobia Tesan wrote:
> Il 30/01/2012 01:08, Pedro Bessa ha scritto:
>> summary
>> not every keyboard has Super - gotcha
>
> Wait, seriously?
> Has *anybody* manufactured a Super-less (read: Windows-less) keyboard during the
> last 20 years?

I'm pretty sure my old Logitech keyboard was Super-less in 1997.

--
Kind regards,
Loong Jin