Old 01-28-2012, 07:57 PM
Pedro Bessa

Default a dream

steps to reproduce

1. not all keyboards have a Super key, so using a keyboard that has
no Super key, hit Super

expected result:

ubuntu is inclusive, so I can access Super

actual result:

ubuntu isn't inclusive, so I can't access Super

I created an add-on for Firefox called Ubiquity in Awesomebar.

Somebody asked for Ubiquity in Awesomebar.

Somebody else said that Ubiquity isn't like Linux, because Linux
commands are cryptic and Ubiquity is expressive.

https://addons.mozilla.org/en-US/firefox/addon/ubiquity-in-awesomebar/

http://getsatisfaction.com/mozilla/topics/make_ubiquity_the_address_bar

I was going the emacs and vim way...

but we're making ubuntu for the masses...

so I noticed that we should go the ubiquity way...

hit Ctrl once, Dash opens, type S, see Save, discover ShotWell,

but Save is already selected, because we already decided that Save
is the default match for S,

hit enter, saves

hit Ctrl once, Dash opens, type C, see Copy, discover Compiz
Config,*

but Copy is already selected, because we already decided that Copy
is the default match for C,

hit enter, copies

hit Ctrl once, Dash opens, type F, see Find, discover Firefox,

but Find is already selected, because we already decided that Find
is the default match for F,

hit enter, finds

What do you say?

Best regards,