Old 01-28-2012, 01:08 PM
Pedro Bessa

Default the annoying switching and make discover keyboard shortcuts

Hi Ubuntu team and community,

you're making Ubuntu HUD now. It's going to make me switch
from keyboard to mouse, from keyboard to mouse, from keyboard to mouse...

If I can use only the keyboard well, I won't have to switch to mouse and
that will put an end to the annoying switching.

To make me use only the keyboard well, show me Unity's keyboard shorcuts
somewhere in the Unity GUI, that is, make me discover Unity's keyboard
shortcuts.

WIndows 98 had:
Edit -> Copy CTRL+C
Edit -> Paste CTRL+V

I want Unity to have:
Hover Dash Icon -> tooltip shows "Dash (Super Tab)"
Hover Ubuntu Software Center Icon -> tooltip shows "Ubuntu Software
Center (Super 5)"*

Hover System Settings Icon -> tooltip shows "Ubuntu One (Super 6)"*
Hover System Settings Icon -> tooltip shows "System Settings (Super 7)"*
*in my computer

So what do you say?

Best regards,
Pedro Bessa

Old 01-28-2012, 04:10 PM
Alan Pope

To make me use only the keyboard well, show me Unity's keyboard shorcuts
somewhere in the Unity GUI, that is, make me discover Unity's keyboard
shortcuts.
Hold down the Super/Windows key. You'll get an overlay showing you the
most common/important/useful keyboard shortcuts.

Cheers,
Al.

--
Alan Pope