-   -   wrong monospace font size since upgrade (http://www.linux-archive.org/ubuntu-desktop/621845-wrong-monospace-font-size-since-upgrade.html)

Timo Aaltonen 01-17-2012 10:18 AM

wrong monospace font size since upgrade

Hey

I upgraded my primary desktop machine to precise this weekend, and
noticed that the monospace font with size 8 gives me a weird looking
terminal. Next I ran a small test to see how precise compares with
oneiric. Using a fullscreen terminator window on a oneiric & precise kvm
instance (1024x768) give me these terminal geometries:

Ubuntu monospace
size oneiric precise
7 201x72 201x80
8 201x65 168x65
9 168x55 168x60
10 144x48 144x55

"Monospace" (DejaVu Sans Mono)
size oneiric precise
7 168x60 201x72
8 168x55 144x55
9 144x48 144x51
10 126x42 126x48

Can anyone confirm, or better, knows why this is? Size 8 has been
perfect for me, now the terminals are all weird :/

Timo Aaltonen 01-31-2012 10:15 PM

17.01.2012 13:18, Timo Aaltonen kirjoitti:

> Hey
>
> I upgraded my primary desktop machine to precise this weekend, and
> noticed that the monospace font with size 8 gives me a weird looking
> terminal. Next I ran a small test to see how precise compares with
> oneiric. Using a fullscreen terminator window on a oneiric & precise kvm
> instance (1024x768) give me these terminal geometries:
>
> Ubuntu monospace
> size oneiric precise
> 7 201x72 201x80
> 8 201x65 168x65
> 9 168x55 168x60
> 10 144x48 144x55
>
> "Monospace" (DejaVu Sans Mono)
> size oneiric precise
> 7 168x60 201x72
> 8 168x55 144x55
> 9 144x48 144x51
> 10 126x42 126x48
>

> Can anyone confirm, or better, knows why this is? Size 8 has been
> perfect for me, now the terminals are all weird :/

Anyone? I can't be the only one seeing this :)