Old 01-13-2012, 01:52 PM
David Klasinc

Default Scope of Kazam Screencaster (and screen recorders in general)

Greetings,

Again, I am turning to all the wise members of the list. Lots of
things happened with Kazam and a couple of days ago I released version
0.90 which is completely ported to Gtk3 with Gnome Introspection and
Python (I really considered Vala, but decided against, so that I can
catch Precise feature freeze date). Beside that, I added PulseAudio
support for selecting sound source and mixing of two different audio
channels.

Right now I am at the point where I have to decide if I should port the
editing part of Kazam. Kazam previously offered really minor edition
functions (cropping, trimming, recoding) and publishing videos to
YouTube and VideoBin.

I feel that editing is beyond the scope of the program and the ability
to open an external video editing tool should be enough. For publishing
videos I have mixed feelings. Users accidentally published videos on
VideoBin and they were not too happy about it.

I'd like to hear some opinions about this so I can decided on it.

Regards,
David