Old 12-23-2011, 03:49 PM
Lateef Shaikh

Default Updating ttf-paktype package

Hi Guys,
I am a font developer. I make Arabic script OpenType fonts which are open source and are available under the PakType foundry.

Ubuntu package ttf-paktype contains some of my fonts but their version is also not the current one. I want to update this package and add all of my fonts' latest version. I want to know how to do it myself because once Unicode 6.1 goes live I'll be doing more updates.

If this is not the right place then please point me to the correct mailing list.

Thanks
Lateef

Old 12-23-2011, 04:04 PM
Andrew Starr-Bochicchio

On Fri, Dec 23, 2011 at 11:49 AM, Lateef Shaikh <lateef@gmail.com> wrote:
> Hi Guys,
> I am a font developer. I make Arabic script OpenType fonts which are open
> source and are available under the PakType foundry.
>
> Ubuntu package ttf-paktype contains some of my fonts but their version is
> also not the current one. I want to update this package and add all of my
> fonts' latest version. I want to know how to do it myself because once
> Unicode 6.1 goes live I'll be doing more updates.
>

> If this is not the right place then please point me to the correct mailing
> list.

Hi Lateef,

That package is currently synced directly from Debian where it is
maintained by the Debian Fonts Task Force. It would be best to get it
updated there first. You can contact the team at:
pkg-fonts-devel@lists.alioth.debian.org

Thanks,

-- Andrew Starr-Bochicchio

Ubuntu Developer <https://launchpad.net/~andrewsomething>
Debian Maintainer
<http://qa.debian.org/developer.php?login=a.starr.b%40gmail.com>
PGP/GPG Key ID: D53FDCB1

Old 12-23-2011, 04:22 PM
Lateef Shaikh

Thank you so much Andrew for a prompt reply I'll contact them.