-   -   Updating to gedit-plugins 3.3.1 (http://www.linux-archive.org/ubuntu-desktop/613046-updating-gedit-plugins-3-3-1-a.html)

Chris Coulson 12-22-2011 10:43 PM

Updating to gedit-plugins 3.3.1

On 22/12/11 22:46, Andrew Starr-Bochicchio wrote:

Hi all,

I have a branch of the gedit-plugins package ready for upload. It
updates to the new upstream version 3.3.1 and remerges on Debian. As
it seems likely that gedit will remain on 3.2.X for precise, I wanted
to check in with this list before uploading. This version adds the new
dashboard plugin, and I don't think that I'm the only one who'd like
to see that in precise. Currently the package depends on gedit>=
3.2.1, but there is no assurance that it will not bump to gedit>=
3.3.X at some point in the development cycle.

Are we definitely staying on gedit 3.2.X? If so, does it make sense to
track gedit-plugins 3.3.X?

See: lp:~andrewsomething/ubuntu/precise/gedit-plugins/3.3.1

Thanks!

-- Andrew Starr-Bochicchio

Ubuntu Developer<https://launchpad.net/~andrewsomething>
Debian Maintainer
<http://qa.debian.org/developer.php?login=a.starr.b%40gmail.com>
PGP/GPG Key ID: D53FDCB1

Hi,

It seems like it would be more appropriate to upload this to
https://launchpad.net/~gnome3-team/+archive/gnome3 instead, which will
be tracking 3.3/3.4 series packages that don't make it in to precise.

Regards
Chris

Jeremy Bicha 12-23-2011 02:53 AM

On 22 December 2011 18:43, Chris Coulson <chrisccoulson@ubuntu.com> wrote:
> On 22/12/11 22:46, Andrew Starr-Bochicchio wrote:
>> Are we definitely staying on gedit 3.2.X? If so, does it make sense to
>> track gedit-plugins 3.3.X?
>>
>> See: lp:~andrewsomething/ubuntu/precise/gedit-plugins/3.3.1
>>
>> Thanks!
>>
>> -- Andrew Starr-Bochicchio
>>

> Hi,
>
> It seems like it would be more appropriate to upload this to
> https://launchpad.net/~gnome3-team/+archive/gnome3 instead, which will be
> tracking 3.3/3.4 series packages that don't make it in to precise.

Yes, any GNOME 3.3 stuff is definitely welcome in the GNOME 3 PPA. In
fact, gedit 3.3.1 is already there.

I think gedit might be a good candidate to update to 3.4 in the main
archives for precise but I was going to discuss that more once the
holidays were over.

Jeremy

Andrew Starr-Bochicchio 12-23-2011 03:19 AM

On Thu, Dec 22, 2011 at 10:53 PM, Jeremy Bicha <jbicha@ubuntu.com> wrote:
> On 22 December 2011 18:43, Chris Coulson <chrisccoulson@ubuntu.com> wrote:
>> On 22/12/11 22:46, Andrew Starr-Bochicchio wrote:
>>> Are we definitely staying on gedit 3.2.X? If so, does it make sense to
>>> track gedit-plugins 3.3.X?
>>>
>>> See: lp:~andrewsomething/ubuntu/precise/gedit-plugins/3.3.1
>>>
>>> Thanks!
>>>
>>> -- Andrew Starr-Bochicchio
>>>

>> Hi,
>>
>> It seems like it would be more appropriate to upload this to
>> https://launchpad.net/~gnome3-team/+archive/gnome3 instead, which will be
>> tracking 3.3/3.4 series packages that don't make it in to precise.
>
> Yes, any GNOME 3.3 stuff is definitely welcome in the GNOME 3 PPA. In
> fact, gedit 3.3.1 is already there.
>
> I think gedit might be a good candidate to update to 3.4 in the main
> archives for precise but I was going to discuss that more once the
> holidays were over.

Feel free to look at/use that branch for the PPA. I guess I'll just
merge 3.2.1-1 from Debian for now, and then we can revisit this when
the gedit discussion happens.

Jeremy Bicha 01-19-2012 03:11 PM

On 22 December 2011 17:46, Andrew Starr-Bochicchio <a.starr.b@gmail.com> wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> I have a branch of the gedit-plugins package ready for upload. It
> updates to the new upstream version 3.3.1 and remerges on Debian. As
> it seems likely that gedit will remain on 3.2.X for precise, I wanted
> to check in with this list before uploading. This version adds the new
> dashboard plugin, and I don't think that I'm the only one who'd like
> to see that in precise. Currently the package depends on gedit >=
> 3.2.1, but there is no assurance that it will not bump to *gedit >=
> 3.3.X at some point in the development cycle.
>
> Are we definitely staying on gedit 3.2.X? If so, does it make sense to
> track gedit-plugins 3.3.X?
>
> See: lp:~andrewsomething/ubuntu/precise/gedit-plugins/3.3.1

gedit 3.3.2 was uploaded to Precise, so you're free to upload the new
gedit-plugins if you like.

Jeremy