-   -   Name field in "Save As" dialogues -- allowing for paths (http://www.linux-archive.org/ubuntu-desktop/613-name-field-save-dialogues-allowing-paths.html)

Sebastien Bacher 11-19-2007 03:51 PM

Le dimanche 21 octobre 2007 à 16:04 +0000, Friðrik Már Jónsson a écrit :

> This makes me wonder if somehow the system could handle exceptions in
> a way that the user understands, yet allowing for fast navigation
> between the folders of the system. My first impression tells me that
> one will have to prevail at the cost of the other but a wise user,
> Keybuk, in #ubuntu-devel that directed me to this mailing list aptly
> pointed out that "a problem shared is a problem solved."

Hi,

That looks like something which can be confusing indeed, not sure on how
to make the difference between users entering a directory and those
using a name with special chars though.

Do you have any suggestion on what you would change there to make the
user experience better? Knowing that some users likely want to enter a
directory in this entry and that should still work correctly

The error message could be easily improved though

Sebastien Bacher