Old 12-20-2011, 10:24 PM
Iain Lane

Default desktop-extra set

Hiya,

On Mon, Dec 05, 2011 at 02:42:17PM -0500, Jeremy Bicha wrote:
> On 2 December 2011 08:48, Iain Lane <laney@ubuntu.com> wrote:
> > Hi Jeremy (CC dmb),
> >
> > Is everything ready for us to assess the desktop set? If so, we'd
> > appreciate it if you could attend our meeting on Monday 5th at 1900 UTC.
> >
> > We'll need
> >
> > *- Final version of the set's description
> > *- Initial list of packages with which to seed the set
> >
> > Preferably in advance so that we can check the list.

This got approved at the meeting on December 20 2011, like so:

* Create desktop-extra packageset with description "Every package that is NOT
in ubuntu-desktop, desktop-core or core, but needed for a vanilla GNOME.
Vanilla GNOME is defined by upstream in gnome-suites-core,
gnome-suites-core-deps, and gnome-apps:
http://git.gnome.org/browse/jhbuild/tree/modulesets" and initial packages
"abiword accerciser alacarte anjuta caribou cheese clutter ekiga
epiphany-browser fonts-cantarell f-spot gdm ghex gjs gnome-backgrounds
gnome-color-manager gnome-contacts gnome-devel-docs gnome-documents
gnome-icon-theme-extras gnome-packagekit gnome-scan gnome-shell gnome-sushi
gnome-tweak-tool gnome-video-effects gnote gnumeric goffice gthumb
gtksourceviewmm gupnp-av gupnp-dlna gupnp-vala java-gnome libchamplain
monkey-bubble mutter mx nemiver opal packagekit ptlib rygel seed sound-juicer
tomboy tracker" and initial member ~ubuntu-desktop
For: 5 Against: 0 Abstained: 0

So desktoppers should now additionally have access to upload these
packages. Please mail devel-permissions for updates, which any DMB
member can action.

People can also apply directly to the DMB for access to just this set if
they like, although I expect it will usually be granted as a consequence
of ~ubuntu-desktop membership.

Thanks all!

--
Iain Lane [ iain@orangesquash.org.uk ]