Old 12-16-2011, 03:15 PM
Sebastien Bacher

Default Unity and compiz SRU candidate available for testing

Hi,

The dx team worked on backporting some of the fixes available to the
Oneiric serie and rolled a 4.26.0 tarball.

This unity version and an updated compiz with some backported fixes have
been uploaded to the desktop team ppa today:

https://launchpad.net/~ubuntu-desktop/+archive/ppa

Those are candidate updates for the next SRU round so we would welcome
feedback, on the corresponding bugs in launchpad, stating if the fixes
work or not, as well as careful testing to confirm that nothing got
broken in those updates.

The updates will likely stay in the ppa until the end of year, which
should let enough time for testing and avoid to land problematic
versions while most people are not around to sort the issues.

Thanks for reading and testing,
Sebastien Bacher

Old 12-16-2011, 04:46 PM
Sebastien Bacher

The dx team worked on backporting some of the fixes available to
the Oneiric serie and rolled a 4.26.0 tarball.

This unity version and an updated compiz with some backported
fixes have been uploaded to the desktop team ppa today:

https://launchpad.net/~ubuntu-desktop/+archive/ppa

Hey again,

The new version has some issues ("Freeze when minimizing windows": https://bugs.launchpad.net/bugs/905417)
so I've deleted it from the ppa, if some of you already downloaded
it you should probably downgrade to the archive version

(sudo apt-get install unity=4.24.0-0ubuntu2b1* libunity-core-4.0-4=4.24.0-0ubuntu2b1
unity-common=4.24.0-0ubuntu2b1
unity-services=4.24.0-0ubuntu2b1" on oneiric-updates (or
=4.24.0-0ubuntu3 on precise) should do it...

Sorry for the inconvenience,

Sebastien Bacher

Old 12-17-2011, 05:33 AM
Bryce Harrington

On Fri, Dec 16, 2011 at 06:46:39PM +0100, Sebastien Bacher wrote:
> Le 16/12/2011 17:15, Sebastien Bacher a écrit :
> >Hi,
> >
> >The dx team worked on backporting some of the fixes available to
> >the Oneiric serie and rolled a 4.26.0 tarball.
> >
> >This unity version and an updated compiz with some backported
> >fixes have been uploaded to the desktop team ppa today:
> >https://launchpad.net/~ubuntu-desktop/+archive/ppa
>
> Hey again,
>
> The new version has some issues ("Freeze when minimizing windows":
> https://bugs.launchpad.net/bugs/905417) so I've deleted it from the
> ppa, if some of you already downloaded it you should probably
> downgrade to the archive version
>
> (sudo apt-get install unity=4.24.0-0ubuntu2b1
> libunity-core-4.0-4=4.24.0-0ubuntu2b1 unity-common=4.24.0-0ubuntu2b1
> unity-services=4.24.0-0ubuntu2b1" on oneiric-updates (or
> =4.24.0-0ubuntu3 on precise) should do it...

Would ppa-purge achieve the same effect?