-   -   Default music player (http://www.linux-archive.org/ubuntu-desktop/610057-default-music-player.html)

Chris Wilson 12-14-2011 12:13 PM

Default music player

Hey,

Has a decision been reached yet on what app will be the default music
player in 12.04? I'd heard that after UDS had wrapped up the decision
was still under discussion, and I was wondering if a consensus had
finally been reached.

Chris

Chow Loong Jin 12-14-2011 02:38 PM

On 14/12/2011 21:13, Chris Wilson wrote:
> Hey,
>
> Has a decision been reached yet on what app will be the default music
> player in 12.04? I'd heard that after UDS had wrapped up the decision
> was still under discussion, and I was wondering if a consensus had
> finally been reached.

------
$ apt-cache depends ubuntu-desktop | grep -e banshee -e rhythmbox
Recommends: rhythmbox
------

I guess so.

--
Kind regards,
Loong Jin

Martin Pitt 12-14-2011 02:59 PM

Chris Wilson [2011-12-14 13:13 +0000]:
> Has a decision been reached yet on what app will be the default music
> player in 12.04?

That's https://blueprints.launchpad.net/ubuntu/+spec/desktop-p-default-apps

In short, we currently default to Rhythmbox, but have a work item

Review status of Banshee GTK 3 port and stability on ARM, and
discuss whether to keep RB or switch back to Banshee: BLOCKED

for right before beta-1. I. e. if we have a working GTK 3 banshee at
that time, we'll raise that discussion again.

Thanks,

Martin
--
Martin Pitt | http://www.piware.de