Old 12-12-2011, 12:08 PM
Chris Wilson

Default Software Centre not starting in 12.04 Alpha 1

Hey,

I was just wondering if the Software Centre is supposed to not be
starting in 12.04 Alpha 1, or if there's something wrong with my
system.

Chris

Old 12-12-2011, 12:12 PM
Martin Pitt

Hello Chris,

Chris Wilson [2011-12-12 13:08 +0000]:
> I was just wondering if the Software Centre is supposed to not be
> starting in 12.04 Alpha 1, or if there's something wrong with my
> system.

It's not known, or even meant to be broken. Do you get an apport crash
report for it? If so, can you please file it?

If not, what is the output if you start "software-center" in a
terminal?

Thanks,

Martin
--
Martin Pitt | http://www.piware.de

Old 12-12-2011, 07:47 PM
Chris Wilson

Hi Martin,

On 12 Dec 2011, at 13:12, Martin Pitt wrote:

> Hello Chris,
>
> Chris Wilson [2011-12-12 13:08 +0000]:
>> I was just wondering if the Software Centre is supposed to not be
>> starting in 12.04 Alpha 1, or if there's something wrong with my
>> system.
>
> It's not known, or even meant to be broken. Do you get an apport crash
> report for it? If so, can you please file it?
>
> If not, what is the output if you start "software-center" in a
> terminal?

Thanks a lot for your reply. I've fixed the issue myself. It turns out I only need to reboot my computer. Before that it was segfaulting on some Dbus connection.

Thanks anyway,
Chris