Old 12-05-2011, 10:48 PM
Jason Warner

Default Desktop Meeting Format Change

Hi Everyone -
At UDS we discussed trying a new format for the desktop meeting. Here is what was discussed.*
Going forward we'll update the wiki[1] as usual, but we'll now add possible agenda items that warrant further discussion or require a broader audience. If there are agenda items, the subset of people required/interested in those would join the meeting.

As usual, people will update the wiki with their weekly updates and useful bits of information.*
Thanks,* Jason
[1] - https://wiki.ubuntu.com/DesktopTeam/Meeting/

Old 12-05-2011, 11:16 PM
Bryce Harrington

On Tue, Dec 06, 2011 at 10:18:54AM +1030, Jason Warner wrote:
> Hi Everyone -
>
> At UDS we discussed trying a new format for the desktop meeting. Here is
> what was discussed.
>
> Going forward we'll update the wiki[1] as usual, but we'll now add possible
> agenda items that warrant further discussion or require a broader audience.
> If there are agenda items, the subset of people required/interested in
> those would join the meeting.
>
> As usual, people will update the wiki with their weekly updates and useful
> bits of information.

Given this increased importance of the wiki status page, could it be
made policy to set up the following week's meeting page at the
conclusion of the current week's meeting?

This way, we can each jot items into the status page as the week
progresses.

Bryce

Old 12-06-2011, 04:38 AM
Martin Pitt

Bryce Harrington [2011-12-05 16:16 -0800]:
> Given this increased importance of the wiki status page, could it be
> made policy to set up the following week's meeting page at the
> conclusion of the current week's meeting?

We can. However, this doesn't need to stop you -- all I do is to
create a new page based on DesktopTeam/NewMeetingTemplate, anyone can
do this

Martin
--
Martin Pitt | http://www.piware.de

Old 12-06-2011, 06:04 AM
Bryce Harrington

On Tue, Dec 06, 2011 at 06:38:53AM +0100, Martin Pitt wrote:
> Bryce Harrington [2011-12-05 16:16 -0800]:
> > Given this increased importance of the wiki status page, could it be
> > made policy to set up the following week's meeting page at the
> > conclusion of the current week's meeting?
>
> We can.

Thanks

> However, this doesn't need to stop you -- all I do is to
> create a new page based on DesktopTeam/NewMeetingTemplate, anyone can
> do this

Quite true, but no one does.

Bryce