-   -   Desktop Meeting Format Change (http://www.linux-archive.org/ubuntu-desktop/606826-desktop-meeting-format-change.html)

Jason Warner 12-05-2011 10:48 PM

Desktop Meeting Format Change

Hi Everyone -
At UDS we discussed trying a new format for the desktop meeting. Here is what was discussed.*
Going forward we'll update the wiki[1] as usual, but we'll now add possible agenda items that warrant further discussion or require a broader audience. If there are agenda items, the subset of people required/interested in those would join the meeting.

As usual, people will update the wiki with their weekly updates and useful bits of information.*
Thanks,* Jason
[1] - https://wiki.ubuntu.com/DesktopTeam/Meeting/

Bryce Harrington 12-05-2011 11:16 PM

On Tue, Dec 06, 2011 at 10:18:54AM +1030, Jason Warner wrote:
> Hi Everyone -
>
> At UDS we discussed trying a new format for the desktop meeting. Here is
> what was discussed.
>
> Going forward we'll update the wiki[1] as usual, but we'll now add possible
> agenda items that warrant further discussion or require a broader audience.
> If there are agenda items, the subset of people required/interested in
> those would join the meeting.
>
> As usual, people will update the wiki with their weekly updates and useful
> bits of information.

Given this increased importance of the wiki status page, could it be
made policy to set up the following week's meeting page at the
conclusion of the current week's meeting?

This way, we can each jot items into the status page as the week
progresses.

Bryce

Martin Pitt 12-06-2011 04:38 AM

Desktop Meeting Format Change

Bryce Harrington [2011-12-05 16:16 -0800]:
> Given this increased importance of the wiki status page, could it be
> made policy to set up the following week's meeting page at the
> conclusion of the current week's meeting?

We can. However, this doesn't need to stop you -- all I do is to
create a new page based on DesktopTeam/NewMeetingTemplate, anyone can
do this :)

Martin
--
Martin Pitt | http://www.piware.de

Bryce Harrington 12-06-2011 06:04 AM

On Tue, Dec 06, 2011 at 06:38:53AM +0100, Martin Pitt wrote:
> Bryce Harrington [2011-12-05 16:16 -0800]:
> > Given this increased importance of the wiki status page, could it be
> > made policy to set up the following week's meeting page at the
> > conclusion of the current week's meeting?
>
> We can.

Thanks

> However, this doesn't need to stop you -- all I do is to
> create a new page based on DesktopTeam/NewMeetingTemplate, anyone can
> do this :)

Quite true, but no one does.

Bryce