Old 11-25-2011, 11:47 AM
David Henningsson

Default gnome-media - is it still on the CD?

Hi, this is the gnome-media package, according to apt-cache:

GNOME media utilities
This package contains a few media utilities for the GNOME desktop:
* the GNOME audio mixer;
* the GNOME Sound Recorder;
* the GStreamer properties capplet.

First, since oneiric, the audio mixer has moved to gnome-control-center
/ gnome-system-settings (but the description has not been updated), but
anyway, do we still ship it on the CD? If so, maybe it makes sense to
remove it from the CD? I don't know if gnome-sound-recorder is that used
much anyway, and I assume the gstreamer properties applet is very rarely
used.

Not that it's that many bytes, but I guess every byte counts, right? :-)

--
David Henningsson, Canonical Ltd.
http://launchpad.net/~diwic

Old 12-02-2011, 09:52 AM