Old 11-21-2011, 09:55 AM
Iain Lane

Default Thanks desktop team

Hello,

In the spirit of the appreciation day, I want to thank you guys for all
of the work you do getting each release out. I may seem to be being a
bit (ahem) annoying at times, but it's only out of love. :-)

Keep on rockin'.

Cheers,

--
Iain Lane [ iain@orangesquash.org.uk ]
Debian Developer [ laney@debian.org ]

Old 11-21-2011, 10:19 AM
Oliver Grawert

hi,
On Mon, 21 Nov 2011 10:55:38 +0000
Iain Lane <laney@ubuntu.com> wrote:

> Hello,
>
> In the spirit of the appreciation day, I want to thank you guys for
> all of the work you do getting each release out. I may seem to be
> being a bit (ahem) annoying at times, but it's only out of love. :-)

but where would ubuntu be without community contributors like you ?
a big thank you back to you (even though i'm not in the desktop team but
suffer from your multiple upload spam on $release-changes every
cycle ..., please dont make me stop suffering )

> Keep on rockin'.
you too !

ciao
oli

Old 11-21-2011, 10:44 AM
Didier Roche

Le 21/11/2011 11:55, Iain Lane a écrit :

Hello,

In the spirit of the appreciation day, I want to thank you guys for all
of the work you do getting each release out. I may seem to be being a
bit (ahem) annoying at times, but it's only out of love. :-)

Keep on rockin'.

Thanks a lot Iain for everything you do, everyday in both the ubuntu and
debian community!

Didier

Old 11-22-2011, 05:00 AM
Martin Pitt

Hey Iain,

Iain Lane [2011-11-21 10:55 +0000]:
> In the spirit of the appreciation day, I want to thank you guys for all
> of the work you do getting each release out. I may seem to be being a
> bit (ahem) annoying at times, but it's only out of love. :-)

Thanks for these kind words! Likewise, thanks so much for all your
work in the C#/Banshee/etc. area. This has been a community project
all along, and it's been an excellent example how well this works.

I wouldn't have called it "annoying" at all. I'm really grateful that
we have some people in our community with a strong sense of keeping
ourselves and our communication and decision making process within
Ubuntu honest and clear.

,-O
O )
`-O