Old 11-01-2011, 02:59 PM
Jeremy Bicha

Default Improve the Ubuntu upgrade experience

Blueprint:
https://blueprints.launchpad.net/ubuntu/+spec/desktop-p-improve-upgrade-experience

Discussion about things we can do this cycle to make update-manager
"safer" and more useful. I put some starter ideas in the whiteboard.

I apologize for the late submission. Thanks Jason for approving the topic!

Jeremy Bicha

Old 11-01-2011, 07:29 PM
Steve Magoun

Canonical's Commerical Engineering team is discussing a similar topic,
specifically focused on updating factory preloads of Ubuntu to the next
version of Ubuntu:

https://blueprints.launchpad.net/ubuntu/+spec/other-p-from-preload-to-next

We'll go over some of the challenges of upgrading preloaded systems and
discuss solutions to those problems. I encourage people interested in
upgrades to attend both sessions - many of the problems to be solved are the
same or very similar.

Steve