-   -   disable login sound (http://www.linux-archive.org/ubuntu-desktop/588702-disable-login-sound.html)

Carl Karsten 10-17-2011 06:29 PM

disable login sound

I want to disable the login sound using a script.

To disable it using the gui, you need to do this:
http://maketecheasier.com/disable-login-sound-in-ubuntu-oneiric-quick-tips/2011/09/15

Where is the x in "Startup Applications: [x] Gnome Login Sound" setting stored ?

--
Carl K

Gunnar Hjalmarsson 10-18-2011 02:39 AM

disable login sound

On 2011-10-17 20:29, Carl Karsten wrote:
> I want to disable the login sound using a script.
>
> To disable it using the gui, you need to do this:
> http://maketecheasier.com/disable-login-sound-in-ubuntu-oneiric-quick-tips/2011/09/15
>
> Where is the x in "Startup Applications: [x] Gnome Login Sound" setting stored ?

This topic was recently discussed in another thread:
https://lists.ubuntu.com/archives/ubuntu-desktop/2011-October/003283.html

Seems like the x will be back soon as an update to 11.10. :)
https://launchpad.net/bugs/840858

--
Gunnar Hjalmarsson
https://launchpad.net/~gunnarhj

Carl Karsten 11-08-2011 10:12 PM

disable login sound

On Mon, Oct 17, 2011 at 9:39 PM, Gunnar Hjalmarsson <ubuntu@gunnar.cc> wrote:
> On 2011-10-17 20:29, Carl Karsten wrote:
>> I want to disable the login sound using a script.
>>
>> To disable it using the gui, you need to do this:
>> http://maketecheasier.com/disable-login-sound-in-ubuntu-oneiric-quick-tips/2011/09/15
>>
>> Where is the x in "Startup Applications: [x] Gnome Login Sound" setting stored ?
>
> This topic was recently discussed in another thread:
> https://lists.ubuntu.com/archives/ubuntu-desktop/2011-October/003283.html
>
> Seems like the x will be back soon as an update to 11.10. :)
> https://launchpad.net/bugs/840858

Thanks. that gave me what I need, even if it is a workaround to a bug.

--
Carl K