Old 10-11-2011, 06:50 PM
Lucas Meneghel Rodrigues

Default Grubby: Extend bootloader detection logic to cover other distros

Hi folks, we are planning on using grubby as the bootloader
entries manager for our testing project, autotest:

http://autotest.kernel.org/

Currently we are using what is basically a fork of an
old perl based bootloader manager, that does not support
Grub2, dead upstream and that's clearly a pain.

Grubby is a maintained tool, that already has Grub2
support, but it was written with Red Hat like systems
in mind. We would like your guidance to make the
detection mechanisms to work on more distros, in a way
that is acceptable upstream.

This is my first patchset to the project, so please
be nice. I do realize the changes could accomodate
some refactor to avoid code duplication, but I'd like
to hear some comments before I go ahead and do it.

Lucas Meneghel Rodrigues (2):
Make grubby to recognize Ubuntu's spin of Grub2
Look for other possible grub config files

1.7.6.4