Old 10-04-2011, 11:16 AM
Rodrigo Moya

Default Implement systemd/PackageKit interfaces

Hi

With GNOME moving to using more and more systemd and PackageKit in
different places, instead of having to patch all the apps using them to
use our services, it would be great to implement those in our stack
(aptdaemon and ubuntu-system-service).

Work has been started to implement PK system bus interface in aptdaemon,
so part of this is in progress already. Also, systemd interfaces needed
so far are just a couple easy ones AFAIR, so shouldn't be hard at all.

cheers

Old 10-10-2011, 09:48 AM
Sebastien Bacher

Le mardi 04 octobre 2011 à 13:16 +0200, Rodrigo Moya a écrit :
> systemd interfaces needed
> so far are just a couple easy ones AFAIR, so shouldn't be hard at
> all.

Hey,

Not sure but I think I've been reading that it's possible to use those
services without using systemd as the init system, should be simply try
to do this rather than rewrite similar code?

--
Sebastien Bacher

Old 10-10-2011, 11:06 AM
Rodrigo Moya

On lun, 2011-10-10 at 11:48 +0200, Sebastien Bacher wrote:
> Le mardi 04 octobre 2011 à 13:16 +0200, Rodrigo Moya a écrit :
> > systemd interfaces needed
> > so far are just a couple easy ones AFAIR, so shouldn't be hard at
> > all.
>
> Hey,
>
> Not sure but I think I've been reading that it's possible to use those
> services without using systemd as the init system, should be simply try
> to do this rather than rewrite similar code?

yes, I'll have a look. If this is possible, then of course it would be
much easier