Old 10-04-2011, 09:07 AM
Sebastien Bacher

Default Improved screen locking, user switching

Hey again,

Continuing the work started with the login experience this cycle I think
we should improve the screen locking, user switching experience. We
should also revisit if we want to support screensaver graphics or rather
if that's a priority to invest efforts in

Cheers,
Sebastien Bacher

Old 10-04-2011, 09:30 AM
Bryce Harrington

On Tue, Oct 04, 2011 at 11:07:39AM +0200, Sebastien Bacher wrote:
> Hey again,
>
> Continuing the work started with the login experience this cycle I think
> we should improve the screen locking, user switching experience. We
> should also revisit if we want to support screensaver graphics or rather
> if that's a priority to invest efforts in

Many of the graphical screensavers are dated looking, and a few can
trigger bugs, however I do think it makes sense to keep at least a few
of the popular or multipurpose ones, such as the Picture folder
slideshow.

Bryce

Old 10-10-2011, 09:53 AM
Sebastien Bacher

Le mardi 04 octobre 2011 à 11:07 +0200, Sebastien Bacher a écrit :
> we should improve the screen locking

On that topic something which comes often is when to lock screen, we
should do a table listing the different cases where the screen might get
locked (i.e on idle delay, suspend, lid close, user switching, etc) and
the different credential scenarios (i.e autologin, password login, etc).

We should also decide if the "lock screen on idle" option from the
control center should affect, i.e user switching

The topic comes quite often in bugs report and there is some conflicts
there being "security" and "no password prompting", we currently force
the screen locking on user switching or suspend but we should probably
give an easy way to opt out for users who don't want it.

We might need design input on the topic as well.

--
Sebastien Bacher

Old 10-11-2011, 12:15 PM
Matthew Paul Thomas