Old 09-12-2011, 02:34 PM
Michael Terry

Default Déjà Dup Testing

Hello! I'd appreciate it if desktop-interested folks could help stress
test Déjà Dup.

Ideally, you'd use it configured to:
* Use Ubuntu One as the backup location
* Run in Unity
* Set it to back up a largish amount of files that you don't
particularly care about

In addition to backing up, I'd like people to especially test
restoring. Both a full restore via gnome-control-center panel and
individual file restore via right click in nautilus.

There are some known bugs:
* Widget spacing is a little wonky right now, fixed in trunk
* You may get SSL timeouts to Ubuntu One:
https://bugs.launchpad.net/ubuntu/+source/deja-dup/+bug/844369
* Automatic backup launcher icon can't be clicked:
https://bugs.launchpad.net/ubuntu/+source/unity/+bug/732997

Thanks all,
-mt