Old 09-08-2011, 08:59 AM
Iain Lane

Default Desktop-related packagesets

Hiya,

On Thu, Sep 08, 2011 at 10:20:03AM +0200, Sebastien Bacher wrote:
> [...]
> Jeremy you should aim at being a MOTU as well probably since you have
> interest in gnome-shell and some other universe packages and the desktop
> set doesn't give rights for those

Maybe it should.

Or maybe there should be a separate GNOME set that contains all GNOME
modules. desktop-non-core or so.

Iain Lane [ iain@orangesquash.org.uk ]
Debian Developer [ laney@debian.org ]
Ubuntu Developer [ laney@ubuntu.com ]
PhD student [ ial@cs.nott.ac.uk ]

Old 09-08-2011, 09:34 AM
Sebastien Bacher

Le jeudi 08 septembre 2011 à 09:59 +0100, Iain Lane a écrit :
> Maybe it should.

I would be in favor of it but we got told before that universe
components can't be added to the ubuntu-desktop set

> Or maybe there should be a separate GNOME set that contains all GNOME
> modules. desktop-non-core or so.

That would work as well I guess...

Cheers,
Sebastien Bacher

Old 09-08-2011, 09:51 AM
Iain Lane

Hey,

On Thu, Sep 08, 2011 at 11:34:39AM +0200, Sebastien Bacher wrote:
> Le jeudi 08 septembre 2011 à 09:59 +0100, Iain Lane a écrit :
> > Maybe it should.
>
> I would be in favor of it but we got told before that universe
> components can't be added to the ubuntu-desktop set
>
> > Or maybe there should be a separate GNOME set that contains all GNOME
> > modules. desktop-non-core or so.
>
> That would work as well I guess...

I think if that's what people are interested in (and not wider MOTU
work) then that's what they should be applying for.

If someone can come up with an initial list and a suitable definition
for which packages should go in it (so we know which packages can be
added in future) then it should be accepted.

If you desktoppers are the people who sponsor most of these uploads into
the archive anyway then you could become the approvers for this team
just like you are for ~ubuntu-desktop.

Old 09-09-2011, 02:01 AM
Micah Gersten

On 09/08/2011 04:51 AM, Iain Lane wrote:
> Hey,
>
> On Thu, Sep 08, 2011 at 11:34:39AM +0200, Sebastien Bacher wrote:
>> Le jeudi 08 septembre 2011 à 09:59 +0100, Iain Lane a écrit :
>>> Maybe it should.
>> I would be in favor of it but we got told before that universe
>> components can't be added to the ubuntu-desktop set
>>
>>> Or maybe there should be a separate GNOME set that contains all GNOME
>>> modules. desktop-non-core or so.
>> That would work as well I guess...
> I think if that's what people are interested in (and not wider MOTU
> work) then that's what they should be applying for.
>
> If someone can come up with an initial list and a suitable definition
> for which packages should go in it (so we know which packages can be
> added in future) then it should be accepted.
>
> If you desktoppers are the people who sponsor most of these uploads into
> the archive anyway then you could become the approvers for this team
> just like you are for ~ubuntu-desktop.

It could also be set up that becoming a member of ~ubuntu-desktop also
grants one rights to this new non-main desktopish packageset, if desired.
Thanks,
Micah