Old 09-08-2011, 06:54 AM
Martin Pitt

Default Proposing Jeremy Bicha for ~ubuntu-desktop

Hello Desktoppers,

as quickly mentioned yesterday on IRC, I propose Jeremy Bicha to join
the ranks of ~ubuntu-desktop, so that he can commit to our branches
and upload desktop-ish packages.

Jeremy has done great work on the gnome-3 PPA during Natty and now
with GNOME package updates in oneiric. I have sponsored a lot of his
packages, and am now convinced that he has sufficient packaging skills
to do the regular updates by himself.

Please see his wiki page for some details:

https://wiki.ubuntu.com/JeremyBicha/DesktopDeveloperApplication

He has my +1. Two more to go, as per our membership policy [1].

Thanks Jeremy for your great work!

Martin

[1] https://wiki.ubuntu.com/DesktopTeam/Developers
--
Martin Pitt | http://www.piware.de

Old 09-08-2011, 08:20 AM
Sebastien Bacher

Le jeudi 08 septembre 2011 à 08:54 +0200, Martin Pitt a écrit :
> Hello Desktoppers,
>
> as quickly mentioned yesterday on IRC, I propose Jeremy Bicha to join
> the ranks of ~ubuntu-desktop, so that he can commit to our branches
> and upload desktop-ish packages.
>
> Jeremy has done great work on the gnome-3 PPA during Natty and now
> with GNOME package updates in oneiric. I have sponsored a lot of his
> packages, and am now convinced that he has sufficient packaging skills
> to do the regular updates by himself.
>
> Please see his wiki page for some details:
>
> https://wiki.ubuntu.com/JeremyBicha/DesktopDeveloperApplication
>
> He has my +1. Two more to go, as per our membership policy [1].
>
> Thanks Jeremy for your great work!

Hey,

Jeremy has been doing great work indeed, I've sponsored quite some of
his updates and they are usual good to upload, he also ask questions
when he's unsure so I trust he will use his upload rights wisely ;-)
So in summary that's a +1 from me as well.

Jeremy you should aim at being a MOTU as well probably since you have
interest in gnome-shell and some other universe packages and the desktop
set doesn't give rights for those

Sebastien Bacher

Old 09-08-2011, 08:44 AM
Rodrigo Moya

On jue, 2011-09-08 at 10:20 +0200, Sebastien Bacher wrote:
> Le jeudi 08 septembre 2011 à 08:54 +0200, Martin Pitt a écrit :
> > Hello Desktoppers,
> >
> > as quickly mentioned yesterday on IRC, I propose Jeremy Bicha to join
> > the ranks of ~ubuntu-desktop, so that he can commit to our branches
> > and upload desktop-ish packages.
> >
> > Jeremy has done great work on the gnome-3 PPA during Natty and now
> > with GNOME package updates in oneiric. I have sponsored a lot of his
> > packages, and am now convinced that he has sufficient packaging skills
> > to do the regular updates by himself.
> >
> > Please see his wiki page for some details:
> >
> > https://wiki.ubuntu.com/JeremyBicha/DesktopDeveloperApplication
> >
> > He has my +1. Two more to go, as per our membership policy [1].
> >
> > Thanks Jeremy for your great work!
>
> Hey,
>
> Jeremy has been doing great work indeed, I've sponsored quite some of
> his updates and they are usual good to upload, he also ask questions
> when he's unsure so I trust he will use his upload rights wisely ;-)
> So in summary that's a +1 from me as well.
>
> Jeremy you should aim at being a MOTU as well probably since you have
> interest in gnome-shell and some other universe packages and the desktop
> set doesn't give rights for those

he's got my +1 also