-   -   New indicator-power (http://www.linux-archive.org/ubuntu-desktop/552462-new-indicator-power.html)

Javier Jardón 07-14-2011 02:46 PM

New indicator-power

Hello desktop team!

As some of you already know, I've been working in a new
indicator-power for oneiric. kenvandine is packaging rigth now the
version 0.3 (thanks!) and I guess It will be available soon.

The indicator follow the guidelines posted here: [1]

I'd like to ask about feedback, as I only have one source of power
(battery). So if anyone has a wireless mouse or keyboard, please test
and report any bug! [2]
Also, AFAIK the default Ubuntu theme provides all the necessary icons.
If not, please file a bug too.

Thanks a lot!

[1] https://wiki.ubuntu.com/BatteryStatusMenu
[2] https://bugs.launchpad.net/indicator-power

--
Javier Jardón Cabezas

Ted Gould 07-14-2011 07:22 PM

New indicator-power

On Thu, 2011-07-14 at 16:46 +0200, Javier Jardón wrote:
> As some of you already know, I've been working in a new
> indicator-power for oneiric. kenvandine is packaging rigth now the
> version 0.3 (thanks!) and I guess It will be available soon.
>
> The indicator follow the guidelines posted here: [1]
>
> I'd like to ask about feedback, as I only have one source of power
> (battery). So if anyone has a wireless mouse or keyboard, please test
> and report any bug! [2]
> Also, AFAIK the default Ubuntu theme provides all the necessary icons.
> If not, please file a bug too.

Is there an easy way to determine if a device is exporting power
information to upower? Perhaps we need a way to answer that question so
we don't get a bunch of bugs that aren't really our fault :-)

--Ted

Martin Pitt 07-15-2011 05:29 AM

New indicator-power

Ted Gould [2011-07-14 14:22 -0500]:
> Is there an easy way to determine if a device is exporting power
> information to upower? Perhaps we need a way to answer that question so
> we don't get a bunch of bugs that aren't really our fault :-)

The "upower --dump" output is certainly handy to have in bug reports.

Martin
--
Martin Pitt | http://www.piware.de