Old 06-24-2011, 02:04 AM
Joel Leclerc

Default Downgrade GNOME 3 method

Here is a simple way to downgrade GNOME 3 to GNOME 2:
http://lkubuntu.wordpress.com/2011/06/23/downgrading-from-gnome-3-to-gnome-2/

- Joel Leclerc (lkjoel)

Old 06-24-2011, 02:10 PM
Rodrigo Moya

On Thu, 2011-06-23 at 20:04 -0600, Joel Leclerc wrote:
> Here is a simple way to downgrade GNOME 3 to GNOME 2:
> http://lkubuntu.wordpress.com/2011/06/23/downgrading-from-gnome-3-to-gnome-2/

just curious, but why do you want to do that?

Old 06-24-2011, 02:10 PM
Rodrigo Moya

Old 07-06-2011, 08:01 PM
Kevin Hunter

At 10:10am -0400 Fri, 24 Jun 2011, Rodrigo Moya wrote:

On Thu, 2011-06-23 at 20:04 -0600, Joel Leclerc wrote:

Here is a simple way to downgrade GNOME 3 to GNOME 2:
http://lkubuntu.wordpress.com/2011/06/23/downgrading-from-gnome-3-to-gnome-2/

just curious, but why do you want to do that?

My biggest reason is memory. Though I have 4 GiB, I *use* it, and don't
want to use them for something as "silly" as my desktop. The effects
are fine, the desktop is beautiful, but I use my computer for work.
Perhaps I'm in the minority of those who /need/ their memory.

My two cents,

Kevin