Old 07-17-2010, 10:40 AM
Henrik null

Default I want to contribute

Hi!

My name is Henrik. I have almost two years of experience of
object-oriented programming and feel comfortable with Java, C#/C++,
Python, MATLAB, GTK and Java Swing. Next month I will start my education
to Master of Science in Engeneering at the Royal Institute of Technology in
Sweden.

I would like to contribute as a developer/programmer by writing code for a Ubuntu Desktop project. I could do anything from building a GUI to writing a class for a specific problem. I am hoping joining a Ubuntu Desktop project as a developer will improve my programming skills.

Have I posted in the right mailing list?
Are there any projects I can join?
Are there any tasks for me?

Yours sincerely
Henrik
sphk2@hotmail.com

Old 07-17-2010, 01:54 PM
Shane Fagan

Hey Henrik,

Well there is a few things you can do if you can do UI and stuff id
recommend you look at ubuntu's launchpad bugs[0] or Gnome bugzilla[1]
and submit patches to fix bugs that you think you can fix.

--fagan

[0] https://bugs.launchpad.net/ubuntu
[1] https://bugzilla.gnome.org