Old 10-03-2008, 11:39 PM
michael nussman

Default cpu scaling in 8.04

my most reascent build is an amd phenom-9850 on a gigabyte ga-ma78gm-s2h (rev.1.10 ) motherboard, and i have been getting an error message after installing updates that saays ccpu scaling is not implemented by the operating system. all 4 cores are recognized, and to the best of my knowledge are operational. i have set the cpu multiplier at 14, and that is the only non-stock setting on my system. setting it back to default does not get rid of the message. how do i get this thing set up correctly? it's not in bios....so it is probably the o/s kernal.....the machine runs flawlessly except for a bit of a stutter in the graphics....

Old 10-06-2008, 04:07 PM
Martin Pitt

Hi Michael,

michael nussman [2008-10-03 16:39 -0700]:
> my most reascent build is an amd phenom-9850 on a gigabyte
> ga-ma78gm-s2h (rev.1.10 ) motherboard, and i have been getting an
> error message after installing updates that saays ccpu scaling is
> not implemented by the operating system.

I don't think you'll find a lot of kernel developers on that list
(-desktop!). Can you please ask this on kernel-team@ [1] or on IRC
in #ubuntu-kernel?

Thanks,

Martin