Old 10-02-2008, 06:48 PM
Otto Kekäläinen

Default updated spec about out-of-the-box special key code support

Hello,

I updated the spec I drafted. Originally I hadn't all the technical
workings clear but thanks to your comments I think the spec should be
doable now:

https://wiki.ubuntu.com/DesktopTeam/Specs/IRRemoteControlSupport

It probably isn't perfect yet. I'm just a usability designer so I don't
know exactly the inner workings of Xorg's key sym handling, but I did
actually write a remote control driver, so I know something about Linux
key codes.

Howerver the thing I know best is what the user experience should be
like. I hope at least that part is clear enough in the spec. I want to
get rid of Lirc completely and just do everything with good defaults
programmed in linux HID drivers.

Thanks for your time!