Old 09-23-2008, 08:00 PM
"Matthew East"

Default Has the Window decoration for Intrepid (Gnome) been finalized?

Hi Chandru,

Moving from ubuntu-devel-discuss to ubuntu-desktop, the correct list
for this query.

On Sat, Sep 20, 2008 at 8:31 PM, Chandru <chandru.in@gmail.com> wrote:
> Hi,
>
> The window decoration available in Alpha 5 of Intredpid, feels like a step
> backward compared to the Window decoration of Hardy. Has the Window
> Decoration to be used finalized for Intrepid?

It should have been, yes. Intrepid is currently in
UserInterfaceFreeze, which means that by default anything affecting
user visible strings or the UI shouldn't change between now and
release:

https://wiki.ubuntu.com/UserInterfaceFreeze

Having said that of course, the background still has a heron painted
on it, so that will require an exception. Hopefully that will be done
sooner rather than later.

> Is it only me who feels this way or do others feel the same too?

I disagree - I think the window look in current Intrepid has improved
quite a bit.

--
Matthew East
http://www.mdke.org

Old 09-24-2008, 03:19 AM
Chandru

I was talking about Alpha 5.* However, someone has felt like me and Alpha 6 has gone back to the previous decorattion.*

Moving from ubuntu-devel-discuss to ubuntu-desktop, the correct list

for this query.

On Sat, Sep 20, 2008 at 8:31 PM, Chandru <chandru.in@gmail.com> wrote:

> Hi,

> The window decoration available in Alpha 5 of Intredpid, feels like a step

> backward compared to the Window decoration of Hardy. *Has the Window

> Decoration to be used finalized for Intrepid?

It should have been, yes. Intrepid is currently in

UserInterfaceFreeze, which means that by default anything affecting

user visible strings or the UI shouldn't change between now and

release:

https://wiki.ubuntu.com/UserInterfaceFreeze

Having said that of course, the background still has a heron painted

on it, so that will require an exception. Hopefully that will be done

sooner rather than later.

> Is it only me who feels this way or do others feel the same too?

I disagree - I think the window look in current Intrepid has improved

quite a bit.

--

Matthew East

http://www.mdke.org