Old 05-23-2008, 11:34 AM
Toralf Lund

Default Making a slight modification and replacing an rpm with the same version - is it possible ?

Ian Brown wrote:

Hi,

Thanks.
What is the easiest way (and most correct) to
bump the release number ? is it just rename the new rpm I created to
something a bit higher, like net-tools-1.60-88.fc9.x86_64.rpm
(instead of net-tools-1.60-87.fc9.x86_64.rpm)?
Or are there any more things I should do (change spec file, etc) in order to
"bump the release number" ?

You have to change the spec file - the bit after the line starting with
"Release:" - then rebuild the rpm.

Regards,
IB