Old 05-22-2008, 08:30 AM
Toralf Lund

Default Macro %so has illegal name - why?

Just tried the following in an rpm spec file

%define so .so

When I tried building with this (rpmbuild -bb), I got

error: Macro %so has illegal name (%define)

Why? I mean, obviously rpmbuild didn't like my macro name, so I can just
change it to something else, but what exactly is wrong with it? What are
the rules? I this documented anywhere?

- Toralf

Old 05-22-2008, 08:37 AM
Valery Reznic

> Just tried the following in an rpm spec file
>
> %define so .so
>
> When I tried building with this (rpmbuild -bb), I got
>
> error: Macro %so has illegal name (%define)
>
> Why? I mean, obviously rpmbuild didn't like my macro
> name, so I can just
> change it to something else, but what exactly is wrong with
> it? What are
> the rules? I this documented anywhere?
As long as I remember macro should be at least 3 character long.
Why - I have no idea.

Valery.

Old 05-23-2008, 11:21 AM
Toralf Lund