-   RPM Package Manager (http://www.linux-archive.org/rpm-package-manager/)
-   -   where can we download RedHat rpm's (http://www.linux-archive.org/rpm-package-manager/89915-where-can-we-download-redhat-rpms.html)

"sunhux G" 05-17-2008 11:11 AM

where can we download RedHat rpm's

Hi,
*
From RedHat site, we need our Linux servers to connect to
it* (using a utility - can't recall the name) to*download the
rpm's directly down.
*
Is there any other sites that we can download latest Redhat
rpm's to a Windows PC (so that I can burn it to a CD) ?*
The following are what I needed :

1) compat-gcc-32-c++-3.2.3-47.3

2) compat-gcc-32-3.2.3-47.3

3) audiofile-0.2.6-1

4) libaio-0.3.103-3.i386.rpm

5) libaio-devel-0.3.103-3.i386.rpm

*

Tks

05-17-2008 11:54 AM

On 17-May-2008 sunhux G wrote:
> Hi,
>

>>From RedHat site, we need our Linux servers to connect to
> it (using a utility - can't recall the name) to download the
> rpm's directly down.

a web browser, pointed at rhn.redhat.com, and your rhn account information, are
your friends.

-G

> Is there any other sites that we can download latest Redhat
> rpm's to a Windows PC (so that I can burn it to a CD) ?
> The following are what I needed :
>
> 1) compat-gcc-32-c++-3.2.3-47.3
>
> 2) compat-gcc-32-3.2.3-47.3
>
> 3) audiofile-0.2.6-1
>
> 4) libaio-0.3.103-3.i386.rpm
>
> 5) libaio-devel-0.3.103-3.i386.rpm
>

> Tks

Please also check the log file at "/dev/null" for additional information.
(from /var/log/Xorg.setup.log)

| Greg Hosler greg@hosler.per.sg |

"Kani Raj" 05-17-2008 12:05 PM

where can we download RedHat rpm's

Hi suhux,
You download rpm from following link

http://updates.redhat.com/enterprise/4AS/en/os/SRPMS/

Hi,**From RedHat site, we need our Linux servers to connect toit* (using a utility - can't recall the name) to*download the rpm's directly down.
*Is there any other sites that we can download latest Redhatrpm's to a Windows PC (so that I can burn it to a CD) ?*The following are what I needed :

1) compat-gcc-32-c++-3.2.3-47.3

2) compat-gcc-32-3.2.3-47.3

3) audiofile-0.2.6-1

4) libaio-0.3.103-3.i386.rpm

5) libaio-devel-0.3.103-3.i386.rpm

*

Tks

Thanks & Regards
Kani.k
9740088206
SMS - 919740088206@airtelkk.com

Jos Vos 05-17-2008 12:13 PM

On Sat, May 17, 2008 at 05:35:10PM +0530, Kani Raj wrote:

> You download rpm from following link
>
> http://updates.redhat.com/enterprise/4AS/en/os/SRPMS/

Those ar only the source RPM's. You can download via the rhn.redhat.com
website with your RHN account. At some point you can choose to download
the packages that you have subscriptions for.

--
-- Jos Vos <jos@xos.nl>
-- X/OS Experts in Open Systems BV | Phone: +31 20 6938364

"sunhux G" 05-19-2008 09:36 AM

where can we download RedHat rpm's

Hi Jos/All,
*
*
Thanks.* I just searched* using the keyword compat-gcc-32
but what's returned are for Version 3 Linux (or earlier versions).
I'm running RHEL ver 4.5, so probably this is not the right one.
*
Or perhaps my developer colleague has specified wrongly
what he needs?
*
Also, we're running RHEL 4.5 on Sun X-series hardware.* I
suppose the rpms*needed are the ones meant for *"AMD-64",
is this right?
*
*
Thanks

*

Jos Vos 05-19-2008 09:48 AM

On Mon, May 19, 2008 at 05:36:49PM +0800, sunhux G wrote:

> Thanks. I just searched using the keyword compat-gcc-32
> but what's returned are for Version 3 Linux (or earlier versions).
> I'm running RHEL ver 4.5, so probably this is not the right one.

There should be these compat-gcc-32 packages for RHEL4:

compat-gcc-32-3.2.3-47.3.i386
compat-gcc-32-3.2.3-47.3.x86_64

But searching on RHN does not always work as expected, I also have
frequently problems with it.

> Or perhaps my developer colleague has specified wrongly
> what he needs?

Probably not.