Old 05-13-2008, 10:53 AM
devzero2000

Default rpm gives warning: can't get exclusive lock on /var/lib/rpm/Packages

fnctl transaction lock on rpmdb lost around : it'is* advisory* not mandatory however.

In RHEL4 rpm 4.3.3 it was FHS compliant : try rm -f /var/lock/rpm/transaction

(Aside) it is possible to set a rpm macros for disabling this behaviour.

Best Regards