-   RPM Package Manager (http://www.linux-archive.org/rpm-package-manager/)
-   -   Extending AutoRequires for mod_perl, etc. (http://www.linux-archive.org/rpm-package-manager/689-extending-autorequires-mod_perl-etc.html)

Richard Siddall 11-19-2007 05:08 PM

Extending AutoRequires for mod_perl, etc.

Hello,

I'm packaging up a Perl application that uses mod_perl and HTML::Mason
and was wondering if anyone could point me at some information on
extending rpm's AutoRequires as I'd like to automatically pull Perl
dependencies from at least the HTML::Mason handler file. RPM's standard
AutoRequires ignores that file as it has a .pl extension.

I've found some stuff on the Fedora Project's web site on overriding the
PerlRequires mechanism to filter out unwanted results
(http://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Packaging/Perl), and assume I can
override the whole of AutoRequires similarly. Before I start
reverse-engineering how AutoRequires works, I thought I would check to
see if anyone has done this before and documented how to do it. (A
google search came up empty.)

I'm not happy with hand-maintaining as large a set of dependencies as
this application's HTML::Mason handler has.

Regards,

Richard Siddall

diego bowen 11-19-2007 06:04 PM

Extending AutoRequires for mod_perl, etc.

Using the "--nodeps" at install time allows you to bypass deependencies*for perl libs that you may already have via bundled rpms....so for example: /bin/rpm --nodeps -Uv foo.rpm

Richard Siddall <cobalt@elirion.net> wrote: Hello,

[...]

Be a better pen pal.
Text or chat with friends inside Yahoo! Mail. See how.______________________________________________ _
Rpm-list mailing list