Old 04-08-2008, 07:23 PM
Brian Reichert

Default 'Requires' directive in spec file ignored?

On Mon, Apr 07, 2008 at 12:40:32PM -0500, Rex Dieter wrote:
> Brian Reichert wrote:
>
> > Hey, if you're willing to look:
> > http://www.numachi.com/~reichert/misc/mDNSResponder.spec
>
> neat. Here's a mDNSResponder.spec that I worked on for fedora/redhat
> awhile back:
> http://kdeforge.unl.edu/apt/kde-redhat/SOURCES/mDNSResponder/

Annoyingly, your spec file _does_ properly have it's requirements
handled under CentOS 5.1. :/

I'll try to carefully blend our spec files, and I think I store
more than you do from the distribution...

--
Brian Reichert <reichert@numachi.com>
55 Crystal Ave. #286 Daytime number: (603) 434-6842

Old 04-09-2008, 02:53 PM
Brian Reichert

On Tue, Apr 08, 2008 at 03:23:50PM -0400, Brian Reichert wrote:
> On Mon, Apr 07, 2008 at 12:40:32PM -0500, Rex Dieter wrote:
> > neat. Here's a mDNSResponder.spec that I worked on for fedora/redhat
> > awhile back:
> > http://kdeforge.unl.edu/apt/kde-redhat/SOURCES/mDNSResponder/
>
> Annoyingly, your spec file _does_ properly have it's requirements
> handled under CentOS 5.1. :/
>
> I'll try to carefully blend our spec files, and I think I store
> more than you do from the distribution...

So - I've successfully blended the two spec files. You spec file
broke things out into separate packages, mine delivers some additional
files (javadoc, an additional command-line tool, etc.) If you have any
personal interest in the results, let me know.

What I _still_ don't get, though, is why my spec file does work
under RHEL4 or CentOS 5.

Nor do I know how to debug this. Someone earlier mentioned they
could use my original spec to create an RPM that had the requirements
properly handled, but I have no idea what environment that was done
in.

Does anyone have any advice on how to chase this? Or do I have to
start pawing through reams of anaconda code to chase this down?