Old 12-23-2007, 09:34 PM
"Paul Johnson"

Default I/O warning with every rpm install

With every rpm install, I see this warning

I/O warning : failed to load external entity
"/usr/share//mime/packages/AdobeReader.xml"
I/O warning : failed to load external entity
"/usr/share//mime/packages/AdobeReader.xml"

At one time I did have a different version of AdobeReader
installed. Maybe it did not clean up after itself when it was
uninstalled. I don't know.

But how can I make this warning go away?

--
Paul E. Johnson
Professor, Political Science

Old 12-26-2007, 09:45 PM
"Jeff Johnson"

With every rpm install, I see this warning

I/O warning : failed to load external entity
"/usr/share//mime/packages/AdobeReader.xml"
I/O warning : failed to load external entity
"/usr/share//mime/packages/AdobeReader.xml"

At one time I did have *a different version of AdobeReader
installed. Maybe it did not clean up after itself when it was
uninstalled. *I don't know.

But how can I make this warning go away?
You'll need to identify the cause, its not rpm itself thatis causing the message.What does rpm -Uvv say? Please report what is near where
the message is displayed.My first guess is /sbin/ldconfig, but that is just a guess ...73 de Jeff*