Old 10-10-2008, 09:05 AM
"Michael A. Peters"

Default Leaving a file behind

Is there some attr I can set in %files that tells rpm to leave a
particular file behind when removing the package?

Old 10-10-2008, 11:14 AM
R P Herrold

On Fri, 10 Oct 2008, Michael A. Peters wrote:

Is there some attr I can set in %files that tells rpm to leave a particular
file behind when removing the package?

Note it as a %config file, and a filename.rpmsave will be
left, so that you might harvest it.

-- Russ herrold

Old 10-10-2008, 12:09 PM
"Michael A. Peters"

R P Herrold wrote:

Is there some attr I can set in %files that tells rpm to leave a
particular file behind when removing the package?

Note it as a %config file, and a filename.rpmsave will be left, so that
you might harvest it.

Blatantly simple - I feel dumb for not thinking of that.
Thanks

Old 10-14-2008, 03:09 PM
R P Herrold

Note it as a %config file, and a filename.rpmsave will be
left, so that you might harvest it.

Blatantly simple - I feel dumb for not thinking of that.

rpm jujitsu always _looks_ easy, but represents hours in the
dojo.

Thanks

my pleasure

-- Russ herrold